Here’s an extract from Matt Ludwig’s guide to psoriasis – http://www.psoriasisdiary.com
It’s a great list of super food’s you should eat EVERYDAY to help with the cooling and calming of bad breakouts or the healing crisis*. It’s also essential that you start to look at these foods as “Normal” foods and start to forget about the poisonous fats, gluten and saturates that society tells us is “normal”.
1. Avocado (make guacamole with half lime, garlic, onion, cilantro, natural seasoning) and munch down with organic corn or veggie chips, cucumbers, celery sticks, carrots) – try to eat 1 per day if possible.
2. Extra Virgin, Cold-Pressed Olive Oil & Avocado Oil (cook with them, make dips for veggies with them)
3. Flaxseed (smoothies, juices, salads, toss some in)
4. Cucumber, Celery and Broccoli (juice the stem for magical anti-oxidants)
5. Grasses, green superfoods, shake mixes
6. Coconut – water, milk, flesh, oil any of it. Drink coconut water in afternoon
7. Apple Cider Vinegar (add it to salads as a dressing with olive oil and herbs and in dips
8. Garlic & Ginger (cook with it, add to salads)
9. Almonds, Almond butter, Almond milk (see if you can fake yourself out with these for your snacking and coffee)
10. Anything green Kale, veggie sticks, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, spinach, as much as you can eat.
Vital beneficial Oils from #COWS are Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Black Seed Oil, these are excellent ways to get those super beneficial fatty acids and good fats in your body. Really eases and aids proper digestion. I put the oils over salads.
I make dips with Apple Cider Vinegar (the other magic potion that goes with Os), To make dressings, cook with the oils, and you can supplement a teaspoon 1-2x a day, see how your body feels. I also use coconut oil topically. I mix coconut oil, neem oil, Apple cider vinegar in a bowl, stir it up, then I dip my fingers in that and rub into skin, scalp, it may tingle a bit if you’re open, but it goes away really fast and soothes itch very well.
Also coming back to the LEMON WATER as it’s a vital ingredient for creating a nice PH environment for the body and knocking back some nasty acids.
Strive for 4 litres of water per day and night, have your 4th before bed. Even if you pee a lot that’s good! Its a flushing process!